Boys Varsity Basketball Makes A Run At The Title

Arianna Costello, Staff Writer

Coach Brown and his Boys Varsity Basketball Team are feeling extremely optimistic about the opportunity to compete in the Section 2 semi-finals in Glens Falls this week. This year’s team is primed and ready to win!  They have had great success this season and Coach Brown believes that it is due to many contributing factors, “they have depth at every position, they can score the ball and most importantly they can defend in the half court.”  

The team has many phenomenal players who all have something to contribute to the team but senior Isaiah Austin has certainly stood out.  He has had a fantastic career so far and is still going!  He was featured on News Channel 13 for being the #6 selected All Star Player in Section 2 for 2021-2022.

Two years ago, during his sophomore 19-20 season he led his team in scoring.  He also led his team in scoring as a junior in his 20-21 season.  He was selected to be a 3rd team Times Union Large School Boys All Star.  He was also selected to be on the All Suburban Second Team for the 20-21 Season.  Austin has led the team in scoring in the 21-22 season with these highest scoring games to date: Burnt-Hills 36 points, Shaker 35 points, Newburgh Free Academy 39 points.

Coach Brown shared these sentiments when discussing the possibility of a NYS Tournament opportunity, “It would be hugely important for the school and the program to go to the State Tournament!  It is the goal for the team and they know it will be a tough task but coming into this season the team understood the road to the championship would have its peaks and valleys.” He continued, “every game they play is a learning experience to grow and get better for all.  Advancing to the State Tournament would bring about a greater sense of pride and school spirit where everyone, students, faculty, and staff rallies around one common goal to celebrate and support the boys.” 

Come support the boys team tomorrow night, 3/1 at Cool Insuring Arena in Glens Falls, as they take on rival Green Tech in the semi-finals at 8 pm. Go Falcons!