Falcon Homecoming 2022

Anadi Sarkar, Staff Writer

In the early afternoon of Saturday, October 15, 2022, parents, students, and staff gathered together to watch Albany High’s Varsity Football team play their homecoming game. The 68 degree temperature was perfect for game time.

The Falcon stands were packed with fans dressed in Falcon blue, but also pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness at the football teams request. AHS football players wore pink socks or arm sleeves to show their support. The bleachers filled up quickly on the Falcons side. The crowd was very energetic and supportive, creating a pleasant atmosphere for the team.

The game started at 1:30 pm and for the next couple hours, it was pretty calm for Albany High. However, in the fourth quarter, with just eight minutes left on the clock, Senior #23 Charles Lipscomb III scored the first touchdown of the day for Albany High, making the crowd go wild. Parents, students, and staff from Albany High cheered from the stands, as the team celebrated on the field. Then, Albany High School scored a two-point conversion.  They proceeded to stop Niskayuna from getting another touchdown, followed by scoring another touchdown, and a second two-point conversion that ended the game at a score of 35-16 with a loss for the Falcons.